On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Andy Bradford wrote:

> For more on its security I believe there is a document called
> SECURITY in the code tree somewhere which discusses it's approach to
> security---you might have a look at that.

The only security document I could find in the source tarball for
courier-0.30.0 has this note:

   This document discloses security-oriented issues regarding the
   SqWebMail CGI application.

However, the web pages make references to Courier's security model.

The writers of Courier are a pedantic bunch.  They reject mail with 8-bit
info in the headers and will not send mail to places with "improperly
configured MX records".

- Sam