Hi,

I am a dial-up user currently running sendmail and am planning to
migrate to qmail. This is my current setup:

Outgoing Mail:
* clients either run sendmail for connect to port 25 and send mail.
Sendmail queues the mail but does not send immediately.
* every 10 minutes I have a cron job which detects if I am online, and
if so calls sendmail -q to flush the outgoing mail queue.

Incoming Mail:
* The same cron job runs fetchmail which forwards messages on to
sendmail.  Sendmail then calls procmail via my .forward file to filter
mail.

I have installed qmail alongside sendmail and have tested it according
to the install documents.  However, I do not know how to stop it sending
mails to remote addresses every time it gets a message.  How can I make
qmail replicate the behaviour I described above?

Also: what issues are there with fetchmail? I only use it to filter
mailing list messages, so is there another package which is more suited
to qmail for this task?

Thanks for any help,
Ross Burton