I know this may be off-topic, but since most of the people on this list seem to be
familiar with svscan, I thought I might try.
I use svscan to start all of my qmail daemons and can't figure out how to restart it
safely on my FreeBSD 4.0 sys.  Thus far, I have tried to kill, HUP, etc. for the
service itself, with disastrous results...
What I am trying to do is simply restart all of the qmail daemons.  Perhaps I'm going
about it the wrong way.  pop3d, smtp and the qmail rc scripts are all started with
links to /service.  Startup is going very smoothly, same with shutdown - but no
restart.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
SF