* On 02/16/01 23:49 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> internet              qmail
> |             |
> |             |
>        firewall
>       |       192.168.x.x
>       Exchange Server
>

>       What I would like to do is have the qmail server out on the internet
> hold all email for my domain for the Exchange server to pick up. I don't
> think the qmail server can forward directly to the Exchange server
> through the server because its IP address is private and nonroutable. I
> prefer - for security reasons - to have the Exchange server initiate
> opening a connection to the qmail server. Maybe I'm way off base on
> this, comments are most welcome. What I don't know how to do is config
> qmail to hold all the email for my domain users and let the Exchange
> server make a mail run to pick it all up. Configuring Exchange is easy
> enough - it's already working with my ISP... Any help is greatly
> appreciated!!

If you have access to the firewall, you might consider ip routing
resp. packet redirection, else ip tunneling from the qmail server
through the firewall might be possible. These ideas are for the
Qmail server to directly forward the mails for your domain to the
Exchange server which is, from my point of view, preferable.

Greetz, Mario

--
 .~.    Mario Thaten ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 /V\