Hi,

We have setup a qmailserver with 3.5 lac customers and are facing a queue problem. Currently qmail-qstat shows 70000 msgs in queue. We have set our concurrency limit (both local and remote as 250). The conf-split is 23. How do we get rid of this queue ??? Earlier we were running sendmail and didn't face this problem.
Have we made a mistake in the qmail-configuration to handle high volumes.
I have attached the output of showctl.

Raghu

qmail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 250.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 70013, 70014, 70015, 0, 70016, 70017, 70018, 70019.
group ids: 70013, 70014.

badmailfrom: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.

badmailpatterns: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.

badrcptto: (Default.) Any RCPT TO is allowed.

badrcptpatterns: (Default.) Any RCPT TO is allowed.

bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.

bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is x

concurrencylocal: Local concurrency is 250.

concurrencyremote: Remote concurrency is 250.

databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.

defaultdomain: Default domain name is x

defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is x

doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: x
doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.

envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is x

helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is  x

idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is x
localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes x
locals:
Messages for localhost are delivered locally.
Messages for x are delivered locally.

me: My name is x

nodnscheck: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is checked for existing Domains.

percenthack: (Default.) The percent hack is not allowed.

plusdomain: Plus domain name is net.in.

qmqpservers: (Default.) No QMQP servers.

queuelifetime: Message lifetime in the queue is 129600 seconds.

rcpthosts:

morercpthosts.cdb: Modified recently enough; hopefully up to date.

smtpgreeting: SMTP greeting: 220 .

smtproutes: (Default.) No artificial SMTP routes.

timeoutconnect: SMTP client connection timeout is 180 seconds.

timeoutremote: (Default.) SMTP client data timeout is 1200 seconds.

timeoutsmtpd: (Default.) SMTP server data timeout is 1200 seconds.

virtualdomains:

relayclients: (Default.) No Relayclinets defined.

relaydomains: (Default.) No Relaydomains defined.

relaymailfrom: (Default.) No Relaymailfrom defined.

tarpitcount: (Default.) No Tarpitcount defined.

tarpitdelay: (Default.) No Tarpitdelay defined.

defaultdelivery: I have no idea what this file does.

rcpthosts.lock: I have no idea what this file does.

virtualdomains.lock: I have no idea what this file does.

locals.lock: I have no idea what this file does.

morercpthosts.lock: I have no idea what this file does.