Karen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fixed.
> someone had forwarded postmaster to /dev/null

Nasty.  If you did want to do this (not that it's a good idea), the proper
way is `echo "#" >~alias/.qmail-postmaster`.

> There is still a 3 minute delay in qmail when send a message to when you
> receive it. Is this normal?  I'm used to sendmail where mail is more
> instantaneous.

Depends on how you're storing and retrieving mail.  If NFS and POP3 are
involved , check to make sure that the clocks of all the machines involved are
in sync.  qmail-pop3d apparently doesn't like to list mail from the future
in its responses to the LIST command.

Charles