I have been given the task to send out 2 million emails in a 12 hour time window. All the emails will be sent remotely, to a list of users of which is 90% accurate (I figure 10% of the emails will bounceback because of bad email addresses) I have all the bandwidth I need (servers are located in co-location) and will be sorting the email list by domain name.

My initial idea is to have 2 dedicated qmail servers, ( Redhat Linux 6.2, Pentium 600, 500Megs RAM, IDE drives) configured with a concurrency limit of 400. Other than that, the qmail install will be out of the box.

Can I reasonably meet this rate ? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance