I need to redirect e-mail to root to another e-mail address (local).

I created a /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root containing ' john ' but qmail still
attempts to deliver messages to root.

The reason I need to do this is as follows: (I may be doing something
wrong?)

- Our server handles mail for office.domain.com (this value is in 'me')
- However all our public e-mail addresses are [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the
machine at domain.com forwards selected e-mail addresses onto
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for users to get (with the rest being picked up by
pop3 from domain.com as a general 'customer service' address)
- To ensure that our local users can send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I removed
'domain.com' from 'locals' and 'rcpthosts' (otherwise they were being
bounced)
- This works OK, but messages to root (cron et al) get delivered to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] which isn't under our control (domain.com is our webserver)
so I don't get to see them. This is why I want to forward them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John