> > - Our server handles mail for office.domain.com (this value is in 'me')
>
> > - This works OK, but messages to root (cron et al) get delivered to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] which isn't under our control (domain.com is our
webserver)
> > so I don't get to see them. This is why I want to forward them.
>
> Hm. This doesn't fit. Please pove the output of qmail-showctl.

And I've just realised that any messing about with root@ forwards won't
work.. as it's not delivering to local root anyway.

Here's qmail-showctl (a very useful feature isn't it!) May as well give up
on the domain hiding, I trust you all :-)
(plus I probably posted it before somewhere!)

The machine 'office.internal' is portfowarded to (SMTP/POP-3) from our
firewall which has the external name 'office.mobiletones.com' hence the
different names in there. BIND is set up to map all office.internal
addresses correctly.

qmail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 120.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 501, 502, 503, 0, 504, 505, 506, 507.
group ids: 501, 502.

badmailfrom: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.

bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.

bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is office.mobiletones.com.

concurrencylocal: (Default.) Local concurrency is 10.

concurrencyremote: (Default.) Remote concurrency is 20.

databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.

defaultdomain: Default domain name is office.internal.

defaulthost: Default host name is mobiletones.com.

doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: office.mobiletones.com.

doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.

envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is office.mobiletones.com.

helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is office.mobiletones.com.

idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is office.mobiletones.com.

localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes office.mobiletones.com.

locals:
Messages for pluto.office.internal are delivered locally.
Messages for office.mobiletones.com are delivered locally.
Messages for localhost are delivered locally.

me: My name is office.mobiletones.com.

percenthack: (Default.) The percent hack is not allowed.

plusdomain: Plus domain name is office.internal.

qmqpservers: (Default.) No QMQP servers.

queuelifetime: (Default.) Message lifetime in the queue is 604800 seconds.

rcpthosts:
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at pluto.office.internal.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at office.mobiletones.com.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at localhost.

morercpthosts: (Default.) No effect.

morercpthosts.cdb: (Default.) No effect.

smtpgreeting: (Default.) SMTP greeting: 220 office.mobiletones.com.

smtproutes: (Default.) No artificial SMTP routes.

timeoutconnect: (Default.) SMTP client connection timeout is 60 seconds.

timeoutremote: (Default.) SMTP client data timeout is 1200 seconds.

timeoutsmtpd: (Default.) SMTP server data timeout is 1200 seconds.

virtualdomains: (Default.) No virtual domains.

defaultdelivery: I have no idea what this file does.

default: I have no idea what this file does.

controlbackup: I have no idea what this file does.

tain64local: I have no idea what this file does.