Hi,

Kindly excuse me if my problem is stupid or if it's not related. I'm
first-timer setting up a Mail server and i choose qmail instead of
Sendmail as qmail have the add-on i luv.

Hope you pple out here can help me and THANKS in Advance.

My system: Linux (Turbolinux ver 6.1) (no sendmail installed) (installed
qmail-1.03)

I don't have own DNS and Static IP. I subscribe to hn.org. i'm using
Maildir format.

qmail running:-

Following TEST.deliver
(test using qmail-inject)

1) tested local to local        SUCCESSFULL.
2) tested local to error        SUCCESSFULL.
3) tested local to remote       SUCCESSFULL.
4) tested local to POSTmaster   SUCCESSFULL.
5) tested Double-bounce         SUCCESSFULL.

Following TEST.recieve
(via SMTP)

1) tested local to local        SUCCESSFULL.
2) tested local to remote       SUCCESSFULL.
3) tested remote to local       NOT SUCCESSFULL.

Due to i'm first time setting up such server i do not know what when
wrong. i try sending [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]
from my pacific.net.sg (ISP) account both mails bounced back to my
pacific.net.sg pop account.

I do understand that i need to set MX in DNS under Netphuture.com Zone
file, but i do not know i do it rightly or not. I want to have my
SMTP/POP3 known as mail.netphuture.com and user email address as ie.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here my hn.org Dynamic service setting:-
Rec FQDN             Rec Type        Rec Value      DynDNS     MX Pref

netphuture.com          NS          ns1.hn.org         0         0

netphuture.com          NS          aux1.hn.org        0         0

www.netphuture.com     CNAME       netphuture.com      0         0

netphuture.com           A        netphuture.hn.org    1         0

mail.netphuture.com    CNAME      netphuture.com       0         0

netphuture.com           MX     mail.netphuture.com    0        10

Please help me. I've installed qmail twice to figure out and read
through lots of FAQ and mailing archive this whole months Feb'01. No
doubt i found lots of other knowlegde but i still can't get the Remote
to local (TEST.recieve) to work. That's why i suspect my setting of MX
could be the core issue of it.

Sorry for the long message here.

Regards.

Jason Benedict Low