Thanks,

I get them now. Is it possible to log the qmail-pop3d in the same way?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: David Dyer-Bennet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 9:39 PM
To: Qmail
Subject: Re: Where do I find the logs

"Andrew Wafula" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I did a migration from Sendmail to Qmail and now I don't know where to
find
> the logs. previously they were in /var/log/maillog but now it seems they
are
> split up under the /var/log/qmail directory (or so I think).
> I need to look at the logs from time to time but i just cant seem to find
> them.

Are you logging via multilog?  If so, there's a directory somewhere
with the file "current" in it that contains the current log (the one
being written to right now) and probably (if you've had it up long
enough to roll to additional log files) files with names rather like

    @400000003a8bf1aa33d789ac.s
    @400000003a8c1ee106d5040c.s
    @400000003a8cb8c72584e19c.s
    @400000003a8d8c130207ff24.s
    @400000003a8ee3b217506fec.s
    @400000003a90ad7a24735644.u
    @400000003a90c3cd0b5ae604.u

which represent old log files.

"Somewhere" is controlled by how you start things.  Are you running
qmail-send supervised under svscan?  Then the log directory is
described in the supervise directory.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /
[EMAIL PROTECTED]