Hi all,

I have tried to implement adding a footer to my outgoing email messages
the messages are standard text files with lines over 100 letters

When trying to send the mail out using serialsmtp I get the following
errors.

serialsmtp: fatal: SMTP cannot transfer messages with partial final lines
serialsmtp: fatal: SMTP cannot transfer messages with partial final lines
serialsmtp: fatal: SMTP cannot transfer messages with partial final lines
maildirserial: fatal: making no progress, giving up

What is ment by partial final lines ?

Is there a max length of a line in the email format
that I have to use for the footer.

I notice that the lines in html files are broken with =(eol)
and then going on to the next line.

Please point me to some info on this.

with best regards
Mettavihari