Thx for the info.  What I was curious about was also how  qmail
scales.  For example, it requires patches sometimes.  Apparently with
large mailinglists the bigtodo patch is needed.  Or it apparently
needs the dns patch.

In other words, qmail does not seem be uptodate as new requirements
come up.  I have a nagging feeling that Dan will not deal with qmail
anymore, and perhaps he will concentrate on im2000 instead---or leaves
email alone.

It seems that as far as sysadm books are concerned, qmail is already
buried.  For example, the new edition of the Nemeth et all book barely
mentions qmail, and discusses only postfix configuration.  The same
with the newest ( I forgot the author; endorsed by Raymond) Linux
security book.

Mate