On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 08:45:23PM +0100, Markus Stumpf wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:26:55PM -0600, Mate Wierdl wrote:
> > On the ezmlm list somebody asked if he needed the bigtodo patch if he
> > is to set up 15 lists with 50K subscribers each, and the lists get
> > exactly one message/day.  I would have thought, no since my P120 box
> > handles 180K messages a day with no noticable problem.  But Russ said
> > 15x50K is hard on a normal qmail queue.
>
> Aehm ... if you use ezmlm you get 15 messages (i.e. files) not 15x50K messages.
> So the big-todo patch ist of no relevance here.

Well, I am thinking about bad or sluggish addresses; a bounce comes
back, and deposited in the queue.  Then there are the messages
ezmlm-warn sends out...  I doubt they are single messages with lots of
recipients...  With no experience here, I believe what you are saying,
that this activity is pretty negligible.

Mate