Avery,

Take a deep breathe and let us work through it together as a group shall we.

Have you restarted qmail?  Since the last time it was working?

Have you recently rebooted your server for some reason?

Have you made "ANY" changes to your firewall?

Have you made "ANY" changes to your system?
(Even changes that you think should NOT do anything to qmail.)

What do the logs in your system say?

Could you please post the relevant portions of your logs for the community
to review?

Have you attempted to send an email to yourself from your own account on the
same server?

Does it arrive?

Have you attempted to send an email TO an OUTSIDE account? Say at Hotmail or
something?

And then have you attempted to send TO your server FROM an outside source?

If you send it FROM an outside source, is the OUTSIDE source account getting
back any strange "Not Deliverable" type messages or anything?

Have you changed your DNS records? More specifically the MX records and the
"A" record for the mail server itself?

You did set create an "A" record for the mail server and an "MX" record too
right?

You state:
> I can send a blank message from my server to me but I can't send a message
> from the server.

Is email coming in and NOT going out?
OR
Is email going out and NOT coming in?

Please clarify.

Are you running any sort of intrusion detection to let you know if anyone
has tried to hack your box?

Is your network connectivity for that box active? Can you ping it from
across the network?
Can you ping it from OUTSIDE your network? Or do you get back a type 3 ICMP
msg?

Is it live? Is the network cable plugged in firmly? Are the lights lighting
up on your network card like they should be?

Those last questions we SERIOUS questions, I wasn't kidding.

And here is a real true story, so you will know WHY I asked them...

I used to work in academia (local college campus) where we had multiple
satellite campuses in various parts of the state where I live, all
interconnected via VPN. (Academia isn't very good pay by the way... But
that's another story....)

They had a problem with their mail system where it would suddenly just
stopped working for a VERY long period of time.

I told them to check the cables, restart the system, check the logs, etc...
etc... etc...

They SWORE they did.

At the end of the day, I checked in to see how they were doing. The server
was still down and they couldn't fix it.

"Its going to require a full reinstall.... blah blah blah blah blah" They
grumbled.

"Oh?" I said. And reached around and plugged in the network cable......

Needless to say, I smiled and went home, knowing that a bad connection had
been the problem the whole time....

I told them to check it.... :)

Sometimes its the simplest things that we over look.

So seriously take a deep breath, and start off with the most SIMPLEST of
things like checking the cables, and work your way into the system from
there. If those are fine, at least you know that you checked them, and that
you can rest in the fact that you are one step closer to finding the
problem.

But if you could post some of your logs, that would certainly help as well.

Jack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]