Steve Crowder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...] I have now received as fourteen separate instances at these times:
[...]
> All mails are identical and I'm sure Charles is not resending the same mail.

Nope, just the once.

> Does anyone know why this should be happening or better still how to fix it ?

I see this too sometimes; it seems to be bursty.  I'll get lots of duplicates
for a day or two, then none for a week or three.  Dan has mentioned in the
past that packet loss on the UIC link during the day regularly hits 25% --
since list.cr.yp.to sits on that network, it might be not seeing the
successful response to the DATA command if the connection gets broken before
then, and therefore has to re-send the mail (and logging "possible dupe"
messages in Dan's logs).

I do note that the duplicates are generally received on weekdays during
North American office hours, and I only notice them on mail coming from
list.cr.yp.to -- not from other ezmlm-managed lists.

Perhaps djb himself could comment on whether the network saturation at
UIC is causing duplicates?

Charles