Nick Papageorge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, I'm having massive problems actually getting it working.
>
> I've tried creating a .qmail-nick:papageorge file and placing the
> following line:
>
> | /usr/local/bin/autorespond 10000 5
>/home/vpopmail/domains/marketingtips.com/nick-vacation-message
>/home/vpopmail/domains/marketingtips.com/nick.papageorge/

I'm not sure which autoresponder you're using, or what arguments it takes.
But with qmail, if you create a .qmail file to deliver to a script, you have
to remember to add another line for deliveyr to a Maildir or mbox if the
script itself doesn't save the message for you.

In this case, you might want the .qmail-nick:papageorge file to contain:
    | /usr/local/bin/autorespond 10000 5
/home/vpopmail/domains/marketingtips.com/nick-vacation-message
    /home/vpopmail/domains/marketingtips.com/nick.papageorge/

i.e., one line to deliver to the autoresponder program, and a separate line
delivering into the appropriate Maildir.

Charles