Hello all,

We are currently running sendmail at our site, and are trying to move
to qmail. Since we are making the move, I thought we should also add
some redundancy, so here is my idea:

There will be 2 mail servers, mail1 and mail2

Any email that is received by mail1 should automatically be forwarded
to mail2, and any email that is received by mail2 should be forwarded
to mail1. The only exception to the rule is when they receive messages
from each other.

Thus a user can check their email via IMAP or (shudder) POP from
either mail1 or mail2. If either server goes down, the other one
should be receiving messages. The moment the server comes back up, it
should receive all the messages that the other received during the
down time.

Is this a good way of providing redundancy? Or am I better off with a
different mechanism?

Can qmail be configured this way?

Since I have never set up qmail before, detailed explanations would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Gopi.

--