Pradeep Tapase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just installed new linux server and also qmail on it. I gone as per the
> howtos given. I am using Maibox format in qmail to distribute mails locally.
> in this I can receive BCC mail locally, but I am not able to receive mail in
> BCC from any externel address such as hotmail or yahoo.
>
> I am using fetchmail to fetch mail from our webserver and distribute
> locally. in this I am not configured fetchmail to use any mda from
> distribution.

bcc'd mail does not typically contain the recipient address in it (qmail
servers are an exception; they record a variant of it in the Delivered-To:
header).  Therefore fetchmail can't find the proper address to send the
mail to.  Probably it's using something stupid, like <foo@bar>, and qmail
is rejecting it.  Either configure fetchmail to default to a particular
address, or switch to getmail.  You can find getmail at the link in my .sig.

Charles