[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have been looking through the FAQ, the docs and the archives, but I am
> still confused.
[...]
> My problem now is that mail going out through the qmail server must appear
> as though it is from @external-domain.com, regardless of which internal
> machine sent the mail.

Rewriting headers to hide hosts is a broken design.  It's not trivial to
do in qmail.  If you just want to hide the hostnames, you can use settings
like:

    192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPREMOTEHOST=""

in your smtp.cdb to prevent your internal hosts' names from showing up in

> Should I be changing the sendmail.cf files instead?

You're confused.  sendmail.cf is a sendmail configuration file.  This is
qmail.

Charles