Charles Cazabon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Dave Sill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> >cat list.txt | xargs qmail-inject -a <message.txt
>> >where list.txt is a list of addresses. Is this faster than bcc
>> >anyway?
>
>> No. That creates one message per recipient--lots of disk I/O to do the
>> same thing as one message, many recipients.
>
>That should still do only one message, multiple recipients, shouldn't it?

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking. But I see another problem with
that command: it's feeding the list of recipients to xargs via stdin
and the message to qmail-inject, also via stdin. In my testing, xargs
is reading the message as stdin and calling qmail-inject with the
message contents on the command line. Oops.

-Dave