On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 01:14:43PM -0800, Gary Shelton wrote:
> greetings:
> i'm in the planning stages of moving a web-frontend/qmail/mysql setup
> from a single machine to a more distributed configuration with two
> load-balanced machines running apache and qmail and a mysql database
> server. the qmail queue is currently on an NFS mount (storage
> appliance), and that won't be changing. mysql is of course storing the
> authentication information. This whole setup is running on FreeBSD
> 4.1-RELEASE. My questions are thus:
> Are there any issues with moving the qmail configuration from one
> machine to another, aside from the concerns with name resolution/ip
> configuration?
> Is it even possible for two qmail servers to share the same queues if
> said queues are on NFS?
> Is there anything else i should be aware of when moving qmail from one
> machine to two separate load-balanced servers?
>
> tia
>
> gary shelton

Aren't you confusing the queue with the maildirs/storage?

If so there's no problem at all, you can even cp the ~control/* from one machine to
another.

Hum... and remember to keep synced the time on the NFS server with that on the qmail
servers.

--
Jose Celestino  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Every morning I read the obituaries; if my name's not there,