Have there been any changes on the DNS setup for your system; i.e., your
nameservers.  In my experience this has been the #1 cause of delays,
because email/qmail depends heavliy on DNS service.  I have several
nameserver changeovers, and when things are not exactly kosher, qmail
grinds to a crawl.

Secondly, look at the que and see what is there.

my $0.02

--Pete