Hi,

I've setup a qmail server in our DMZ for relaying mail to the internal
Exchange server. We've got two domains and I want the qmail server to
forward all mail for one of the domains to the Exchange server.

First I've setup the Exchange server to accept @bioid-dev.de in addition
to bioid.com. Then I installed qmail on a OpenBSD server in the DMZ.

On the qmail server I installed tinydns and configured the Exchange
server as MX for bioid-dev.de. In the control directory of qmail I've
got an rcpthost file with an entry for bioid-dev.de and a smtproutes
file with the line bioid-dev.de:192.186.20.10. The IP is the Exchange
server.

Now I can

- send mail via qmail-inject to [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the qmail server. It
is delivered to the Exchange immediately.

- send mail in the internal net to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- connect via telnet on port 25 from the qmail server to the Exchange
server and send a mail with mail/rcpt/data/quit to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But if I try to send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with qmail-inject from
the qmail server to the Exchange server the mail is never delivered and
in the log file are errors:

@400000003acc7c2b275b85fc starting delivery 1: msg 182412 to remote
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@400000003acc7c2b275e0e6c status: local 0/10 remote 1/20
@400000003acc7c6728009f9c delivery 1: deferral:
Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)

I understand that such a message would normally mean a problem with the
Exchange server or network connection but I can send mails via telnet or
to [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED] and the first is delivered and the
second not.

Any hints what I am missing in my configuration?

Regards,
        mac