When I telnet mydomain.xs4all.nl at port 25, it takes a minute or two for my
linux qmail server to respond. I don't like this because mail is often
delivered with long delayings and maybe it has something to do with the long
respond time from the server (so the smtp client is quitting). The mail is
in the mailbox (seen via webmail) of the provider and it takes often very
long before it is deliverd (via smtp) at my qmail server.
What should be a normal respond time? What is definitely too long?
Could it be the cause of the problems (the sometimes delayed arrival of
messages)?

Thanks

Rolf.