Installed qmail and it seems to work good. But, mail is often delivered with
a long delay. It is stored at my provider (can see it there via webmail).
Sometimes I cannot retrieve mail via smtp from the provider for hours. When
I do a telnet session to myhost.xs4all.nl at port 25, it takes a minute or
two for my server to respond. Could it be that every time my provider tries
to deliver mail via smtp there's a timeout error? Unfortunately, it's not
possible to take a look at the provider's smtp logfiles. If two minutes is
too long, what can I do about it?

Thanks,

Rolf.