Hi,

I replaced sendmail with a qmail installation and everything works fine.
Except that some programs here are written in a way that they connect
direct to the port 25 of the qmail server and and feed the mail via the smtp
commands.
Unfortunatly they only use "username" as sender and not "username@mydomain" .
And they might be rejected by another because they don't have a valid
domain name.

Is there a possibility to append the domain to addresses missing the
domain in any mail sent from local machines (as recognized with the tcprules)?
Do I have to modify qmail-smtp

I know that the problem is not the problem of the qmailserver but this
would also solve the problem of users using unconfigured mailtools.

Thanks,

Antje