I am back to square ONE...

I have installed fresh copy of qmail (on a fresh copy of RH 6.2). When I
send an email to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", I get an error message:

      Sent:     04/06/2001 11:06 AM

      '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' on 04/06/2001 11:06 AM
            Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=TIB;l=TALIA-010406150600Z-56
            MSEXCH:IMS:TIB:MTC-TN:TALIA 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown

Over the last month, as a class project, I have installed qmail for about
20+ times by following LWQ. Each time qmail worked for the first time.

For your information:

(1) I can send messages from Linux server (where qmail is installed)....
(2) I can receive messages from qmail (for example I received a message from
qmail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" this morning..."

My installation of RH 6.2 & qmail is the same each time. This time there are
two main differences:

(1) After I installed RH 6.2, I applied all patches from RH site
(2) I applied some security features (because each previous time, my Linux
server was broken into as soon as got started).

For the last three days, I have re-read LWQ and checked line-by-line the
instructions outlined in LWQ. I have also read "Running Qmail by Richard
Blum". Still I continue to get the same error. Here is how some of my
settings look (I am providing more information than may be needed but then
who knows...):

/var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
====================================

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
export PATH
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
exec softlimit -m 3000000 \
        tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
        -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp qmail-smtpd 2>&1

/etc/tcp.smtp
=============

127.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
63.113.255.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

/etc/host.allow
================
127.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
63.113.255.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

/etc/host.deny
===================
ALL: DENY

/var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd/current
====================================

@400000003accf95c2b9bfa84 tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003accfd79032fe524 tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003accfe241eb14acc tcpserver: status: 1/20
@400000003accfe241eb4580c tcpserver: pid 2912 from 127.0.0.1
@400000003accfe2420ce46fc tcpserver: ok 2912 localhost:127.0.0.1:25
localhost:127.0.0.1:root:1024
@400000003accfea330fc080c tcpserver: end 2912 status 0
@400000003accfea330fd11ac tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003accfeca3628671c tcpserver: status: 1/20
@400000003accfeca362b7c2c tcpserver: pid 2928 from 127.0.0.1
@400000003accfeca36543dc4 tcpserver: ok 2928 localhost:127.0.0.1:25
localhost:127.0.0.1:root:1026
@400000003accfed7204807cc tcpserver: end 2928 status 0
@400000003accfed72049099c tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003acd0695279c7ae4 tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003acdcfe62ab1f45c tcpserver: status: 1/20
@400000003acdcfe62ab4bf34 tcpserver: pid 6915 from 63.113.255.3
@400000003acdcfe62ad9045c tcpserver: ok 6915 :63.113.255.3:25
:63.113.255.3:root:1024
@400000003acdd00936e51f9c tcpserver: end 6915 status 0
@400000003acdd00936e6310c tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003acdd97829999304 tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003acddb742c3f6e44 tcpserver: status: 0/20
@400000003acdddcc3a27e6bc tcpserver: status: 0/20

One additional note, everything /etc/inetd.cof is "#" out.

Does anybody can tell, what is going on????

Kirti