Hi All:

On 4-6-2001, I posted a message asking help in trying to find out why a
connection to qmail was being refused. I included the following error
message which was being displayed when error response was received:

--------
>       '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' on 04/06/2001 11:06 AM
>             Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
>       The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
> ;p=TIB;l=TALIA-010406150600Z-56
>             MSEXCH:IMS:TIB:MTC-TN:TALIA 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown
--------

I received about 10-12 responses. The very first response suggested that all
connections to Linux computer were being rejected. Yes indeed.. It seemed
that while setting up the security, I have entered "ALL:ALL DENY" in
"/etc/host.dent", but did not have proper setting in "/etc/host.allow". This
caused rejection of connection while send any email.

I am posting this message because everybody, except the first respondent
(Daniel Holden), suggested that: (1) MS Exchange was broken and (2) It was
not a Qmail problem.

As it turned out that: No.. MS Exchange was not broken & Yes.. It was not a
Qmail problem.

Thanks for your help.

Kirti

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:22:43PM -0400, Kirti S. Bajwa wrote:
>       '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' on 04/06/2001 11:06 AM
>             Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
>       The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
> ;p=TIB;l=TALIA-010406150600Z-56
>             MSEXCH:IMS:TIB:MTC-TN:TALIA 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown

I'd say the configuration on that M$ client is broken.
Either there is a typo/misconfiguration in the entry for "SMTP-Host"
where the client tries to inject the mail or the host has no working
misconfigured DNS.
Why? Because:
>             MSEXCH:IMS:TIB:MTC-TN:TALIA 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown

I'd say it is NOT a qmail related problem (but then ... I don't know much
about Windows).

        \Maex