On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 01:52:54PM -0700, Ketan Bajaj wrote:
> i think i haven't been clear enough in explaining the problem...
> again,
> A (local smtp server)        B (remote smtp server)
>
> B is at domain schwab.com, about which i do not know anything, whether it
> has qmail, sendmail, exchange or anything else.
>
> 1. when A is setup as qmail, and remote address is incorrect@B there is no
> bounce from B and the message is accepted at B. I see this at the qmail logs
> on A.

In sending them a test message, I too see the remote host accept the
message, but it promptly bounces it with '550 User Unknown'. Your qmail
server is likely configured incorrectly -- you should be seeing the
bounces. Please send a message, _headers and all_, that you sent to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] from your qmail server...

GW