According to ps it is. Is there anything else I can use to verify that
it's running properly?

> 2. You haven't told us what happens when you try and connect to the
>    POP port. What does happen?

My mail client reports the following:
  Unable to connect to the server. (Account: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', POP3
  Server: 'mail.idma.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0e).

> 3. You haven't shown us what gets logged. What is logged?

Log files are being created in log/qmail/smtpd, but not in
log/qmail/pop3d. Does that provide a good clue?

> 4. Oh, and you haven't told us whether you followed instructions
>    exactly when setting up qmail-pop3d/run. Do the instructions really
>    say to use POP3 in uppercase?

I followed both the LWQ and the above mentioned faqts instructions
exactly, and double checked.

Thanks again.

Steven