On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 02:43:13PM -0500, mick wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a system that I want to run qmail as a backup MX server.
> I have all the domains I want to accept mail for in control/rcpthosts.
> I don't have anything in locals or virtualdomans.
[...]
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
> it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)
> What am I doing wrong?

you backup shouldn't be listed with best preference, it should have the
second (or third, or fourth, ...) preference. You qmail box will then queue
the messages and deliver them to the best preference host.

--
Henning Brauer     | BS Web Services
Hostmaster BSWS    | Roedingsmarkt 14

(Dennis Ritchie)