At 27.04.2001 02:20, you wrote:
>When I did  install the ucspi-tcp package I receive the following
>error-message (var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd):
>"tcpserver: fatal: unable to bind: adress already use"
>
>I did install ucspi-tcp as described (http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html)
>
>There must be some problems with inetd...
>
>How can I solve this problem?

remove/comment out the line in /etc/inetd.conf that starts a smtpserver.

The line should resemble something like this:
smtp  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  sendmail -bs
place a # (hash) infront of that line and give inetd a HUP and then
try to restart your qmail-smtpd...

--
andreas landmark / noXtension
[EMAIL PROTECTED]