On 25-Apr-2001 Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Marco Calistri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > I can't speak to the other hosts you mentioned, but vger is run with some
>> > very interesting policies for accepting mail,
> [...]
>> my problems start if I use MUA through qmail-sendmail option
>> messages FROM fields appear as sent from unknown domain so vger
>> reject them(this is right because my qmail domain is not FQDN).
>> I have to use MUA through qmail-SMTP if I want my messages be accepted.
>
> Try setting the environment variables QMAILUSER and QMAILHOST to what you
> want
> the envelope sender address to appear (for example, set QMAILHOST to "tin.it"
> and QMAILUSER to "ik5bcu").

That's been one of my first attempts but I didn't like the from fields
where(if I remember correctly) I can't see or set "Marco Calistri"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> but just the "raw" form :[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I received a report from DUL that I'am not able to fully understand:

#--begin of report
Testing your DUL block.  See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info.
Please note that this test will not tell you if your server is open for
relaying.  Instead, it tests to see if your server blocks email from IP
addresses listed in various blocking lists; in this case, the DUL list.

Here's how the conversation looked from dul.crynwr.com.
Note that some sites don't apply the DUL block to postmaster, so
I use your envelope sender as the To: address.

I connected to 213.45.255.51 and here's the conversation I had:

220 linux.ik5bcu.ampr.org ESMTP
helo dul.crynwr.com
250 linux.ik5bcu.ampr.org
mail from:<>
250 ok
rcpt to:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
Terminating conversation
#--end of report

>> LOGS say mail is accepted but I never seen it on mailing-lists.
>
> They silently drop anything they want to filter out of the l-k lists.

Thank you Charles,Marco