Well said.

Kirti

-----Original Message-----
From: davidu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 2:01 PM
To: Charles Cazabon; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: slow smtp connection

Charles wrote:

> A note to potential qmail newbies:  we'll help you.  Honestly.
> You just have
> to promise to do your homework, give it an honest try before
> asking for help,
> and to post good problem reports (detailing what you did, what
> the system did,
> and what you thought it was going to do instead, with complete logs and
> contents of control files).  If you're not willing to promise
> that much, you
> will receive nothing but beatings for your pains, in this list,
> or anywhere
> else in life for that matter.

Charles, I agree with you here.  I don't agree when you are always so harsh
to people, but I understand why you are.  Is there a way to send a "welcome"
message when people subscribe that tells them this in nice big CAPS LOCKS or
something.

Like:
--------------
Welcome to the qmail list, a list focused on discussion and development of
the qmail mailserver.  The list is composed of many users, administrators,
and plenty of qmail newbies.  Before you jump right in and ask for some tech
support (which we often hand out in truck loads) please take a couple of
things into consideration:

        -o Please check the FAQ's at http://cr.yp.to/ for qmail.
        -o Please read and/or search the archives.  It is rare these days to
get a
question that hasn't been answered.
        -o If you are going to post to the list, please include REAL logs,
unaltered that cover the scope of your problem but aren't 2000 lines long
either.
        -o Try to include any other information that you think might be
helpful
such as weird network configurations, weird upstream ISPs, etc, etc.

Thanks, and welcome to the list.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Something along those lines would be fine I would imagine.  Is there already
something like this? I don't remember. ;-)
-davidu