Alex Le Fevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've learned that in Perl, sending an e-mail through the system is as simple
> as outputting to /usr/bin/sendmail -t. I figured that doing this with C++
> would be just as simple; I'd just open an ofstream with ios::app and print
> to it. However, this doesn't seem to work, and after conducting what I feel
> to be an exhaustive search of the web, I'm seeing nothing on the subject.

Please supply more information:

1)  At what point is your program failing?
2)  If it gets far enough, are you capturing the exit code of
/usr/bin/sendmail (or /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject, for that matter)?
3)  Does anything make it into the qmail logs?
4)  Have you straced/trussed the program?
5)  What is the failure mode?  Silent failure, core dump, ...

Charles