> Please supply more information:
>
> 1)  At what point is your program failing?
The program itself doesn't seem to fail. I put a cout statement after my
last line of code, and it pops up just fine.

> 2)  If it gets far enough, are you capturing the exit code of
> /usr/bin/sendmail (or /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject, for that matter)?
There is no output, at all. I get no error messages of any kind.

> 3)  Does anything make it into the qmail logs?
Nothing shows up in the qmail logs.

> 4)  Have you straced/trussed the program?
Can't say I know what either of these are.

> 5)  What is the failure mode?  Silent failure, core dump, ...
It's completely silent -- like I said, there are no program errors, and no
errors from /usr/bin/sendmail.

I'm sure that's only made things more confusing, but hopefully it eliminates
some possibilities.

Alex