On 02-May-2001 Charles Cazabon wrote:

>> > Which will *SURELY NOT* work, as the envelope sender for bounces is <>
>> > and not <mailer-daemon@...> and badmailfrom does work with the envelope
>> > sender and not into the From: field in the message header.
>
>> It works half a way:I see fetchmail passes undesired mail to qmail
>> that accept it but then such a mail never arrives into my Mailbox(!)
>> my /var/qmail/control/badmailfrom:
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> So now wonder where those badmail goes?
>
> You're almost certainly losing _all_ mail with empty envelope sender,
> including all bounce messages, and perhaps other automated types of mail.
> Your fetchmail configuration is broken.  If you care about lost mail, fix it,
> or perhaps try my replacement, getmail.
>
> Charles

Charles I already tested and liked your getmail but unfortunately I have to
forward incoming mail toward another host-operation not possible with your
good and light program (unless you install procbox as I red on FAQ).
I'm not loosing nothing other than undesired mail ;)
Watching the session with fetchmail -v I note qmail answers:
sorry envelope sender is into my BADMAILFROM list ...or something like this
for any undesired FROM field I have into ../badmailfrom.

I see that's not a smart solution since fetchmail and qmail are working
uselessly for what I wanna destroy or bounce away but at least I'm freed of
reading such undesired stuff.
I'm not a SysAdmin but a complete newbie so hope you'll support my comments.

Regards,Marco.