Doh, that was a complete misunderstanding of what you were saying on my
part. Sorry!

Allright, so let's say I want to pass the local part of the address to the
.qmail file from virtualdomains, i.e.:

control/virtualdomains:
        mail.aaa.com:alias-mail.aaa.com-$LOCAL
~alias/.qmail-mail:aaa:com-default:
        # could use $DEFAULT which refers to the $LOCAL of virtualdomains.

Would $LOCAL in virtualdomains be the variable to use?

Thanks again
Ben