From: Barry Hill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Pablo Buenaventura
Subject: Re[2]: Newbie with tcpserver

Hi,

First of all: This is the most arrogant list I have come across. All
the other lists that I'm on help out beginners with a short answer (we
were all beginners once ... ), but here the beginner is either told to
RTFM or told to pay for support. If the beginner can't find the
relevant section in the FAQ then answers have to be teased out of the
list, which generates more traffic than one short and helpful mail
(this thread is a good example of this).

Regarding the tcpserver question:

AFAIK (and I'm no expert), TCPSEVER is configured in the command line,
and uses /etc/tcp.* files for security & access settings. The manual
files are installes with the software and can be read with "man
tcpserver". Else they're in the source directory.

Regards,

 Barry

PS: Flames will be directed to /dev/null but sensible comments will be
    considered.

PPS: I've included the whole thread ONLY to demonstrate the above
     statement.