I can't believe I'm going to wade into this one, but... To answer his
questions regarding software available for the *nix platform - here it
goes:

>>      a graphics program capable of the same feats as Adobe Photoshop,

Check out www.gimp.org... This really is an unfair comparison - gimp
KILLS Photoshop.

Check out www.staroffice.org...

>and Macromedia Director

I skip sites developed with Shockwave or any of it's derivatives. Lynx
all the way!

>>      a html development program with:
>>              code verification

Code verification for html?? Come on...

>>              syntax verification and highlighting

Ok, Ok, I'll give you the highlighting part - but if you've written
enough html with a real editor, you can get an idea of how it's going to
look be viewing the markup. HTML is NOT code.... It is a markup
language!!

Check out www.staroffice.org - or if you are REALLY glutton for
punishement, www.netscape.com

>>      office suite that handles all current document forms including:
>>              Microsoft
>>              Lotus
>>              Corel

>See www.staroffice.org...
>
>>      and the ability to play UT within the same environment seamlessly...

Play with a computer?? Hmmm, never thought of that! My computer is no
different than a set of tools I'd use to fix my car or work around my
house. Gee, I'll have to ask my kids that are 5/7/9 years old to see
what they think about the computer as a toy..

>> once YOU have done that, let me know so that I can bend over and kiss your
>> ass.

Pucker baby...

        Ok, I've seen this kind of treatment before and I can tell you, this
list has helped me through some serious jams! Yes, I read all the docs,
searched archives and posted all information unchanged to this list and
have had replies within the hour..... I can see where some folks who do
spend a bunch of time answering questions get short with folks that
won't so their homework. qmail is much better than setting up any other
MTA, but you can't slouch in any area in regards to using *nix... If you
are having difficulties due to lack of experience - don't let you ego
get the better of you. There are companies that provide support for
qmail. Check them out...

.mark