Hi,

>You were already advised to read the docs.

That's a standardtext.

>Qmails qmail-smtpd has no idea about local users.

That's right. A programm itself is not so intelligent to find what
the user mean, but for that are the configfiles.

I'm sure you can define the delivery for localdomains / -host in a file
under /var/qmail/control. The mailaccounts will be handle in a databasefile
of qmail. For translating the /etc/passwd into the plaintext-userfile there
is mentioned the command in the lwq. You should
edit the plaintextfile if not all unixuser should have a qmail-mailaccount.

Regards,
Ruprecht