Hello,

The thing is: there is a host called stargate.net.local doing IP
masquerading for a LAN, which is known to the outside world as
zone13.outside.net. I'd like to set up qmail on this host in such a way
that:
 - all the mail sent from stargate to any other machine on the LAN will have
all the sender's data similar to: Joe Blow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 - all the mail sent from stargate to the Internet will have all that data
similar to: Joe Blow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 - all the main sent from the LAN to the Internet (and relayed by
stargate, of course) will have it like: Joe Blow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
where Joe Blow and jblow should be replaced with the right name and login
(they are the same for all LAN hosts, so no user masquerading is
necessary). Furthermore there is no need for demasquerading - all the mail
destined for stargate/zone11, no matter whether from the LAN or from the
outside, should stay there.

Can anyone help me with that? I've been trying to solve that myself, and
failed - qmail lacks good documentation I'm afraid. I've also asked in
numerous places places and noone was able to help me. I've started
wondering if qmail is capable of handling such complicated transpations at
all, and whether I shouldn't restart using sendmail after all...

--
Marecki