Eduardo Augusto Alvarenga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes, providing you can guarantee that your 2MB users will get 192.
> > addresses, and your 10MB users will get 193. addresses.  Also note your
> > numbers are wrong; you've put 20KB and 100KB limits on them, not 2MB and
> > 10MB.
>
> How can I say 2MB and 10MB so on ?

If you want 2*10^6 bytes, use DATABYTES="2000000".  You were missing a couple
of zeroes.  2MB, of course, is slightly larger than that.

> > Not necessarily.  Some/most DHCP servers let you do pseudo-static
> > assignment based on MAC address that could fit the bill nicely here.
>
> Not easy on a 230 machines network...

If you want to change DATABYTES on a per-user basis using tcpserver's tcprules
files, you're going to have to be able to map user IDs to IP addresses.
There's no way around that.  Of course, you could always patch qmail-smtpd to
set DATABYTES based on the envelope sender, although that's totally insecure.

Charles