How do i get off this list?

- Lucas

On Tue, 29 May 2001 10:19:32 -0400
"Dave Sill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
->
-> >1. tcpserver -x /etc/qmqp.cdb -u 7770 -g 2108 0 628 qmail-qmqpd &
-> >
-> >I need to add this to the boot script. First I'm kinda confused. Now
-> >I have /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run file for smtp server, can
-> >I run this and qmqp server at the same time so I would have another
-> >file at /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-qmqpd/run
->
-> Yes. This would be on the QMQP server.
->
-> >2. Is mini-qmail a different program from qmail,
->
-> No, "mini-qmail" is a name DJB coined for qmail installations in which
-> qmail-queue is replaced by a symbolic link to qmail-qmqpc.
->
-> >   can they both exist.
->
-> Yes, you have multiple qmail installations on a single system, one or
-> more of which are "mini".
->
-> >   I want to use the mini-qmail to run huge mailing list since it
-> >   sends 1000 mails in 10 seconds.
->
-> All QMQP does is queue mail remotely. It doesn't deliver 1000 messages
-> in 10 seconds to mailboxes, it just hands them off to a QMQP server
-> which still has to deliver them the old-fashioned way: SMTP.
->
-> >3. How do I create a symbolic links to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail from
-> >   /usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail.
->
->   rm /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail
->   ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin /usr/lib
->
-> But this is UNIX 101 stuff...
->
-> >And why do I need to do this??
->
-> Because "sendmail" is a de facto API used for injecting messages. If
-> you don't replace it with a link to the qmail "sendmail", you'll be
-> delivering messages using sendmail.
->
-> >The way I see it, the only files that are missing is
-> >/var/qmail/control/qmqpservers - is this ip address of my server
-> >/var/qmail/control/idhost
->
-> It's a list of the IP address(es) of one or more *remote* QMQP servers.
->
-> >I'm still confused. Is setting up mini-qmail like setting it up in
-> >different machine that doesn't have qmail installed or can I set up
-> >qmail and mini-qmail in the same machine.
->
-> Mini-qmail is typically used on small end-user workstations that don't
-> want to maintain a queue and run the long-lived qmail daemons.
->
-> >by me setting up qmqp server do I need to deactivate smtp server.
->
-> No.
->
-> -Dave