Hi,

Make sure you /etc/hosts contains
127.0.0.1        localhost.localdomain       localhost
172.16.28.??     hostname1.whateverdomain.com hostname1
172.16.28.??     hostname2.whateverdomain.com hostname2
..
and soon .. ips, hostname ....

make sure content of /etc/resolv.conf ... is proper ...

and your default route ... and gateway settings

Regards

Santosh Pasi

>From: ridhwan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: qmail without dns
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:11:34 +0530
>
>hi there,
>       had followed Life With Qmail and setup qmail without dns. Was working
>fine since last month. But now when users in our lan use my qmail
server with>my ip addr in their mua's it delays for quite a long time and sometimes
hangs>or goes to the out box. and when I use it from the server itself it
takes>atleast 30 seconds to queue the mail.