Alastair Rundlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

re: patches to qmail-smtpd to do local-part verfication

> >> There are patches to change this if you like, but I don't use them.
>
> So where I could find these patches you talking about?

See either qmail.org or the qmail mailing list archives; that's where I heard
of them.

> Why don't you use them ?

They're non-standard, break the modular security design of qmail, and
unnecessary.

> I had over 200 msg's bounced to postmaster this over weekend to invalid
> mailboxes. What happens when this reaches thousands ? surely not delete
> postmaster msg's all day !!

I get lots of double-bounces in my postmaster inbox, too.  It takes, on
average, about 1/4 - 1/3 of a second to handle each one in mutt.  I see no
problem.

Charles