On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 01:08:55PM +0100,
  Alastair Rundlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So if Qmail accepts any msg to @mydomain.com. Isn't this defeating the
> object of anti spam prevention.
> It is for this point then why spamers try random mailbox names because they
> know Qmail server's will accept the msg.
> Yesterday I had over 2000 postmaster msg to invalid mailboxes, what a waste
> of bandwidth !! The net must clogged with spam crap if I alone got over
> 2000.

The reason for this has to do with the design of qmail. The program
receiving the email doesn't do final delivery so it can't definitely
tell whether or not it should accept all messages.

I would like to see it improved to not accept messages that it can be
sure are not deliverable with the information it does have available.

> Maybe my Qmail config files are wrong. I setup Qmail as per "Life with
> Qmail" using the default supervise scripts and the "Nagy Balazs patch " ,
> any suggestions ?
> Installing the rblsmtpd package, would this help?

Yes this will probably help. You want to block know spam sites and probably
dialups. Right now there isn't an open relay list that is usable without
using a patched version of rblsmtp.