From: Daniel Bakken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 8:38 AM
To: Qmail List
Subject: Local Delivery failure

I keep receiving the following error message in my log file when I send a
test message to the user [EMAIL PROTECTED] (my mail server)

@400000003b1e30a20babb19c new msg 115977
@400000003b1e30a20babc13c info msg 115977: bytes 2850 from <> qp 11027 uid
507
@400000003b1e30a20d805e14 starting delivery 5: msg 115977 to local
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@400000003b1e30a20d809c94 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
@400000003b1e30a20e6d0bec delivery 5: deferral:
dot-forward:_fatal:_unable_to_read_./Maildir/:_is_a_directory/
@400000003b1e30a20e6d5624 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20

Below is my rc file.

#!/bin/sh

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" qmail-start '|dot-forward .forward
./Maildir/'

Any way you can make sense out of this mess? I am using maildir delivery as
you can see, which I assume should dump the mail into the subdir
/home/mailtest/Maildir/new (right?). From there pop3 should be able to
deliver to local MUA's like Outlook with no problems. What am I missing
here?

Sincerely,

Daniel Bakken, Systems Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]