I have been searching the archives for this, but found nothing so
far.

     sendmail would send the sender a warning after 2 hours (actually, this
time was configurable) if it has been unable to send the message.  Can qmail
do this?  Currently, if our support staff sends a customer an email, they
may not find out for 5 days that the email never reached the customer for
whatever reason (badly typed email address, etc.).
     I have looked through the man pages and done several searches through
the archives to no avail.  The fact that I did not find a discussion of
why qmail does not do this (especially when someone posted a long list of
sendmail 'features' that qmail was missing, but did not list this one)
gives me hope that it is actually in there somewhere.  I also found nothing
on the web site or in the FAQ, so now I am tackling source code 8-(.

--
"There is no parameter that makes it impossible        Jack McKinney
     for you to perform still more excellently."       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature